Lately, the Malaysian Customs have announced that they will intensify GST & Customs compliance audits. This spotlight session will discuss the following key operational issues:
1. Inter-companies charges: Determining whether the recovery of expenses is a disbursement or reimbursement
2. Zero-rating of international services: Practical difficulties in interpreting item 12 and 13 of the Zero-rated Supply Order 2014
3. Anti-avoidance rules and its application under the GST Act
4. Rejection of Sales Tax refund application under the GST Act
5. Amendments to the GST Act 2014 by the Finance Act 2017 on Free Zone and Time of supply on imported services
6. Customs GST audit – Managing record keeping
7. The implementation of U-Customs to replace the traditional system and issues faced by traders
8. Raids by the National Revenue Recovery Enforcement Team
9. Prohibition of goods and trading jurisdictions from trade
10. Retrospective imposition of import duty, sales tax and service tax and the legal remedies available
This session is FREE and strictly for members only. Due to limited seats, we would encourage you to register early.
For further clarifications, please contact Ms Nadeeka Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org or if you would like to know more about our Spotlight Session.
About Lee Hishammuddin Allen & Gledhill
The firm Lee Hishammuddin Allen & Gledhill is a multi-practice law firm committed to provide personalised legal solutions to businesses including GLCs. An established name in the Malaysian legal landscape, the firm consists of more than 100 lawyers specialising in various aspects of corporate and commercial law. Tax, GST & Customs Practice Our practice team consists of highly rated and awarded thought leaders in the field of tax. Our tax partners, Datuk D.P. Naban and Mr S. Saravana Kumar are ranked as leading tax lawyers in Malaysia.
Our sub-specialisation includes:-
- Income Tax
- International Tax (Including cross-border transaction tax and withholding tax)
- and many others