In collaboration with Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad, AMCHAM cordially invites you to its first webinar under the Movement Control Order.
Date: Tuesday, 21 April 2020
Time: 2:00pm - 3:30pm
Venue: Online - Webex Conferencing
This crisis is unlike others. No one is insulated. From just China and Asia, the coronavirus outbreak has spread to major economies including the United States and euro area. Necessary containment measures are adding to the economic depression. While infection rates may appear to be peaking, risk of recurrence remains. We have significantly downgraded our global growth outlook, but downside risks predominate. Financial markets have moved from a vol shock to a VAR shock and now back to a vol shock. Are we back to market normalcy or is this just a mirage?
Join us for an interactive discussion with speakers who will elaborate on the following areas of interest:
- Events of past weeks are unprecedented
- Albeit delayed, the West is experiencing severe consequences of a global pandemic
- Central banks are on a slashing spree and yields have dropped globally
- Governments are pledging massive fiscal support
- We assess the global fundamental outlook and macro strategy and zoom in on ASEAN and Malaysia, which has weathered the impact for longer
Admissions are on a complimentary basis. However, participants are still required to register for access.
LIMITED SEATS AVAILABLE.
An invitation link will be sent via email to all REGISTERED participants 24 hours prior to the scheduled webinar. Kindly look out for updates from AMCHAM Events via firstname.lastname@example.org.